Friday, June 19, 2009

Play Armored Core 4 Answer, and I'll give you mine















S
o, I've been playing Armored Core 4Answer recently. I've also managed to beat the game once, and get to see one of the many endings of the game, aptly titled Ending A. So, why don't I tell you how the game was, eh? You're here anyway, might as well plug one of my favorite games.

Well, where do I start? Armored Core 4Answer is a great game, and it's kept me busier than almost anything else in my XBox 360 games library, excepting Tales of Vesperia, which stopped once I hit the brick wall known as Gauche and Droite. Anyway, I digress. Armored Core is certainly a series that is worth your time, and this game in particular does not fail to deliver.

I must admit, there were tense points in the game for me, points where I beleived I simply could not win. Like the fight with the Armored Core pictured above, White Glint. But I get ahead of myself. First I need to give a little bit of exposition about what exactly Armored Core is, 4Answer in particular.

Armored Core is a series of games revolving around the usage of the titular Armored Cores, giant robots that are used as mercenaries. In each game, you play as one of these mercenaries, piloting your own AC. In Armored Core 4Answer, you play as one of these mercenaries, someone who takes jobs (at first) from the pseudo-government, The League.

That being said, as the game goes on, you are given the opportunity to take missions from people other than the League, and the morality of the game is slowly revealed to be more gray than I'd thought. Nobody is truly good in this game, but damn, you'd be surprised at how many people will kill thousands upon thousands of innocents in the name of freedom. Good thing there are no 15 year old kids with blue hair, or else I'd be very suspicious.

Well, that's all I can post for now. I'll post later when I've played the game more.

No comments:

Post a Comment