Saturday, June 13, 2009

School's out, finally

As a response to this entire series of posts about school, I would like to add my thoughts on school and how it is out.

My school sucked. The people there were okay, but I didn't have any close friends. Well, I had one, but she recently revealed that she had secretly hated me all along and apparently only hung out with me to be needlessly cruel. She could have left at any time. I told her every day. But I digress.

School was hell because of my classes. I failed math. My parents are engineers and I failed math. I tried so hard and I studied so much and I failed. And eventually the report card will arrive and I will beg my parents to look at my outstanding performance in, what, gym? I'm not exactly known for my intelligence. And after yelling at me for several days, my parents will scoff and tell me that it was impossible for me to fail math because I am their child and must therefore possess crazy math skillz. I think I'm adopted, it would explain so much. I failed, and now I'll never go to West Point. Not that I wanted to. It was my parents' idea. Can you see me leading *anything* without something terrible happening? I thought not. But I digress again.

School was like being hit over the head repeatedly while the disembodied voice of your father tells you how much you suck. I'm glad I got out of school in time, another month and I might have gone insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment